Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Actually, I read once that...

One aspect of my character that gets me into trouble, or even just awkward situations, is my willingness to argue any point. I view any conversation topic as open for debate. I hold myself to this standard, and do not get offended when someone disagrees with a point I have made. I forget, though, that often someone makes a comment or statement for conversation's sake only, and does not really want to get into whether their comment is correct or not. The usual result is that I come across as argumentative. I honestly feel that I do this, most of the time, because I want a two-sided debate to get to the bottom of the issue, not because I want a fight. Oh well. One exception is that I won't debate politics, I feel that topic is so founded in opion that I can never prove myself right, er, I mean, base a debate on facts recognized by both parties.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Kellen said...

I believe in debating. That's how Edison invented the automobile, and Isaac Newton invented the cotten gin. Let me tell you who else was a chronic debater:

Humphrey Bogart
Vanilla Ice
Spiro T. Agnew
Rapahel from the Ninja Turles
and the guy who invented the Frisbee

in summary, deating everything can take you a long way. especially if you make it a point to humiliate the other person

 

Post a Comment

<< Home