Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Why I want to be an Environmental Geologist

This starts out with my love for science, which I have had since before kindergarten. The geology thing started at a college I attended previously. It was a field-based intro class, meaning that we had a 4-hour field trip every week, to locations a-plenty that were rife with geologic wonder. My decision to go the environmental route is based on two factors, one more idealistic than the other. The first is that I have seen firsthand in my hometown the roller-coaster affect in the oil/gas industry and what it can do to lots of people. The second, more idealistic reason, is that I believe I can do good for people in a direct manner, as opposed to increasing the wealth of already wealthy and humongous companies. I know this is a gross oversimplification, but it summarizes my feelings.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kellen said...

I don't want to make money for huge corporations and for CEOS to fly around in private jets. I want to make money for me. I want to be the one with a private jet, yacht in Tortola, summer home in Vail, and eventually my very own 5' x 10' at Leavenworth for insider trading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home